Monday, April 7, 2014

Mt Shasta was a great visit.  I Loved the water at the headwaters of the Sacramento.  Upon arrival, I just happened upon a ceremony paying homage to nature for the provision of the pure waters from the alpine springs of Shasta.  Significant also was the reunion with a friend who took leave of my area to embark on his road journey three months, at least, before I was to leave on mine. For all these things to happen to me at one place was amazing. If that wasn't enough I was truck by a street name when entering the town for the first time that was a name that was cited by my friend as being strangely repetitious in its reappearance in various forms of media and spoken word the few days prior to my mentioning it to him as it was the name of a boat I was seeking in the Port Townsend Boat Haven shipyard.  I decided to do the painting of Shasta, with inclusion of the street that bore the name Alma.

No comments: